Friday, December 2, 2011

Miss Elaini'ous.

Hi Guys,  Today I want to share about a determined young woman named Elaini, who has created the website Miss Elaini'ous 1 Dress. 100 Days. For orphans.  Her goal: Raise  $50,000 for the orphans in India. For the 100 days she wore 1 dress every day!  Now she is on day 173 and has raised only $39,124.14.  She needs help to fulfill her dream/goal of raising $50,000 for the Warm Blankets Orphan Care.  This is what Elaini says in her blog:


Miss Elaini'ous Day 1

This blog’s goal is to use fashion to help orphaned children in India.
Orphans in India can’t go to school without a uniform.  However, they often don’t have clothes to wear.   Growing up surrounded by turmoil, human trafficking, and loss, an education can help these orphans dream about a different life.  I have been given so much that I can have “fashion,” while these children struggle to stay clothed.  I have to do something.  I’m hoping you’ll do it with me.


Here’s the deal: I’ll wear a black dress for several months (don’t worry—I’ll have two of the exact same style so that I don’t start smelling) to identify with the children who only have one outfit.  I’ll accessorize it in different ways, take a picture every day, and blog it.  Think of it as a dress marathon.


  Here’s where you can help.  I want to raise $50,000 for the orphans in India.  I’m going to wear this dress as a reminder of these children.  Would you help me help them?   Through partnering with Warm Blankets Orphan Care, let’s dream big for these children who may never get the chance to dream at all unless we do something.  Even the smallest gift will make a difference.   

THESE are the kids Elaini wants to help, THESE are the kids warm blankets helps.

 

 Its hard for me to think that these kids are living on the same earth we are, yet just look at them, then go look in the mirror or just around you.  We like to do the hole "Poor me thing" at this point NONE of are complaints even begin to compare.  We aren't going hungry, we aren't scared for are life everyday, we aren't drinking polluted water or living in huts of dirt.  WE live the life of luxury, WE live the good life.  So.... no more complaining on our part, we could ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, be them.

I really encourage you to click on the links provided and pray for Elaini.  Pray for these kids, pray for there futures.  If you are or aren't in the financial place to donate to Elaini's cause, pray.  Every prayer counts!

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.
Proverbs 31:8-9

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. 
Psalm 68:5

Thanks for reading! Comment your feelings!  -Starz*        

No comments: